Welcome to (ODC) OldDudes/OldDames Clan. Click here to register

Rule infractions: Killa-bot aka indus and other user names

This forum will be used to submit information about cheaters

Re: Rule infractions: Killa-bot aka indus and other user nam

Postby melissa_jo » February 23rd, 2012, 3:38 pm

Idea: instead of trying to stay a step ahead of the misbehaving player changing playernames,
could deputize some of the regular / frequent players ("Clan Manager admin" privileges)
enabling them to hassle the troublemaker by using console commands.

Each command event is written to server log.
If any deputy becomes power-happy, that will be apparent in the log.

ref: ClanManager 1g Readme.pdf

CM Freeze playername
CM Spider playername
CM ForceSpec playername
CM Kick playername
CM Kill playername

:whistle:
melissa_jo
Public

Postby melissa_jo » February 23rd, 2012, 4:20 pm

another idea, to discourage revenging:

ServerPackages=QAnnounce24k

QAnnounce24k.ini:

[QAnnounce24k.QAnnounce24k]
bThreeTwoOneEnabled=True
bLostTakenEnabled=True
bRevengeEnabled=True
bTeamBonus=False
bHeadshotsOnly=False
bCrotchshotEnabled=False
bLamerEnabled=False
RevengeBonus=-10 yes, this param accepts a negative value
intLamerDeaths=99
CrotchGuns[0]=Class'XWeapons.ShockRifle'
CrotchGuns[1]=Class'XWeapons.BioRifle'
CrotchGuns[2]=Class'XWeapons.SniperRifle'
melissa_jo
Public

Postby TriangleMan » February 26th, 2012, 9:07 pm

CanShootThings looks to be doing exceptionally well. :mrgreen:

Next Map: AvoidsShootingThings: Aww that's neat. 8-)
Attachments
TriangleMan
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Tri

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ruined » February 27th, 2012, 12:39 am

it was wierd when CanShootThings comes in and win's in 7 minutes. it was skippy. he was 25-3 in 7 minutes and he had to of went afk because he was 0-9 next map.
(from LSW) skippy is skippy, every one knows who skippy is and dont want to play with this gentleman. it cleared the server when everyone found out who he was. 12 to 3 players. its upto you guys if you want to kater to this gentleman.
ruined
Public

UT3 Name: Ruined

National Flag:
Canada
UT3 Name: Ruined
Status Update: Unreal Tournament

Postby [uSa]Skippy » February 27th, 2012, 12:46 am

TriangleMan wrote:CanShootThings looks to be doing exceptionally well. :mrgreen:

That was me :p

I actually recorded that match as its rare to see that many players in the game AND camping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPdGdEwVsw
On looking back I missed seeing at least two players can you spot more?

It might have cleared the server because 40+ minute games are very tiring.
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Postby Galileo » February 27th, 2012, 5:27 am

Average camping games are running 25 - 45 minutes with 7 - 11 players playing by the rules.
Galileo
Site Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Lost in Retrospection

Postby TriangleMan » February 27th, 2012, 7:41 am

Galileo wrote:Average camping games are running 25 - 45 minutes with 7 - 11 players playing by the rules.

I remember playing with true campers. Tkk, WTF, TSA. You hear someones Trans can popping all over the place. Ban! No questions asked. End of story.

The games were so incredibly intense and fun. You poke your head around a corner more than an inch, you know you're gonna die. You get lazy and leave your foot sticking out, instant death.

The feeling of teamwork and rule abiding play was palpable. Time. Every second counted. The score. Several might be tied or within a point. Nobody is moving. You can hardly breath. You're begging for more time, just so you can sneak into the well thought out, strategic position and score the winning point. But you wait, because there are rules to follow.

You don't just trans to quadrant A, B, C because you know a player is there, and you know you will win the close quarter fight, because you know your geeky, dominant PC rig and ini tweaks are FAR superior, and you know your skills are excellent. But you don't just take it because there are rules. That trans to quadrant A, B, C to take out the player you know is there is cheating. It's called hunting. Experienced players know the difference between Hunting & Camping. That's what I find so offensive. Not losing. Heck I don't win that often. But every time someone goes onto a Camping server and Hunts, they are dropping a moldy, stinking apple into the cart. The customers leave, Soon after. Because they are not stupid. And noone is impressed with the win. A hunter winning on a camping server is just stupid.

Thanks for bringing up the element of Time because I think it gets to the heart of this ongoing matter.

It's a Camping server, not a Hunting server. Just because the trans is fast, accurate and awesome doesn't mean you use it to hunt. Mainly, you got a few seconds when you spawn. It's perfect to survive. Noone should be crying about getting spawn killed. You get spawned with that trans and you're just lazy.

Wow, I feel a rant coming on. Better take my meds and get on with the day. Camping Server. Not Hunting server. Put that trans away after you spawn and get to your safe hiding spot.

Please don't Hunt on a Camping server.
TriangleMan
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Woooo » February 27th, 2012, 9:50 am

wow tri! love ur message ur getting across...i remember those days...i find myself dying a lot these days CAUSE i sit still...u kill one guy(the wrong guy) and now u have to look out for a tranz to hit in ur general vacinity...when the tranz campers came out i remember the conversation i had with [TSA]Pizzaroll about the future of ut camping...we talked on how the ability to see through the trans is almost as good as adding a UAV or position locator to each mans arsenal...the only possible way to limit someones ability to use it is cut the distance the trans flys, cutting the time seens in tranz cam...BUT, it also inhibits the gameplay and makes those SPECIAL spots unavailable...most people wanna have a one shot traz that allows me movement across the WHOLE map instantaniously...

the game has always had hunters, just the form in which people hunt has changed as well...it went from people walking(patroling) large areas of the floors to taking portals to navigate the whole room(walking up on multiple people)...the game in itself is a hunting game...

whats been lost is the mutual respect of gamers to obey the rules and provide EVERYONE with an equal opportunity for the fun the game entitles...i used to watch spawners flee even after the spawn protect wore off for the general mutual respect that is established...but these days they are comin after me with spawn protect still active and im having to flee MY spot for fear of the spawner comin for blood...its not the same, will never be...not until that mutual respect is applied and upheld again...but it wont steer my love of unreal tournament, adapt and overcome i say...

for some people pwning everyone in the server is more important than a hard fought race to the finish where one kill completes ur tireless rise to the winners circle...people are too competitive for the competition, losing is a NATURAL side effect of competition as is winning...we all learned in first grade to do unto others as u would have them do unto u...it just isn't applied anymore
Woooo
Clan Member

UT3 Name: Woooo

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Fighting the good fight!, perseverance is the test of true might...

Postby melissa_jo » February 27th, 2012, 10:40 pm

Separate from the "hunting" tactics, on some of the maps the bots trans annoyingly often.
Just because the trans is fast, accurate and awesome
howbout set the translauncher similar to the way it is on OSOK server.
Two ammo, loooooooooooooooooooong recharge delay.
melissa_jo
Public

Postby TriangleMan » February 27th, 2012, 11:44 pm

melissa_jo wrote:Separate from the "hunting" tactics, on some of the maps the bots trans annoyingly often.
Just because the trans is fast, accurate and awesome
howbout set the translauncher similar to the way it is on OSOK server.
Two ammo, loooooooooooooooooooong recharge delay.

Was wondering that as well. Or, similarly, unlimited trans but set delay of gun use following a trans. I've never seen that before. Even a 5 second delay would change things up considerably.
TriangleMan
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby [uSa]Skippy » February 28th, 2012, 12:18 am

Increase weapon switch time to sniper rifle, Can't trans and gun very well if it takes a second to switch to the pocket machine gun. Edit: lol I typed it a while ago and sat on the post but thought the recommendation was going to be met with hostility, better you said it first. :)

Shooting spawning players will spawn him at a different location.

Whats this thread about I forgot.......
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Postby Galileo » February 28th, 2012, 5:38 am

It is a :text-threadjacked: post but I think it is worth leaving as a good foundation for this line of thought. I understand from what some players are saying on the server that the spawn protection is working in the favor of players spawning into the map after being killed. We can set the random spawn mutator to allow for a greater distance between players and add a delay for spawning into the match. The translocator delay switch is also an option we can look into along with some of the other modifications mentioned.

The modifications should be implemented in a phased approach as to not reduce the number of players on the server due to radical changes. Skidmark and I working on tweaking each of these settings for several weeks I would need everyone’s help to ensure the setting changes do not adversely affect the overall play of the game in the other direction.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Woooo » February 28th, 2012, 11:55 am

?
guess im lost on the thread jack...thought this was a post for identifying rule breakers and the reason(rants) involved in how they affected your gameplay...idk
Woooo
Clan Member

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Fighting the good fight!, perseverance is the test of true might...

Postby Galileo » February 28th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Woooo wrote:?
guess im lost on the thread jack...thought this was a post for identifying rule breakers and the reason(rants) involved in how they affected your gameplay...idk

:lol: it is but it was focused on the one player with multiple names. My post made it move even more so away from that one central focused topic.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Woooo » February 29th, 2012, 9:38 am

lol :think: :whistle: :whistle:
Woooo
Clan Member

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dragon88 » February 29th, 2012, 9:56 pm

I was thinking about all these posts made here tonight and had a thought. For any of you R&G'ners reading this post (or for you campers tell the R&G'ners) be aware that ODC does host a Zark server (66.235.180.112:7779) that is WICKED intense to play. All Out To The Wall Max. play style with a SUPER FAST wicked sick rifle plus the wide range of weapons to grab up and do damage to opponents with. Very few rules to break there, this is NOT a camper server at all but a good fast moving sniper can point up the match fast!!!!
Dragon88
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Dragon88

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: (ODC)Dragon88
Status Update: The road to success is always under construction.

Postby melissa_jo » March 1st, 2012, 2:13 am

ODC does host a Zark server (66.235.180.112:7779)
cool, it rewards a bonus for headshots!
melissa_jo
Public

Postby Smackaho » March 1st, 2012, 9:39 am

Galileo wrote:
Woooo wrote:?

:lol: it is but it was focused on the one player with multiple names. My post made it move even more so away from that one central focused topic.

What is this? Harry Potter? The player with multiple names? Indusi is Ishtar, I called him on it the other day and he said it was his "code name" and switched it back to Ishtar. And if he is causing that much trouble why is there so much discussion about it? If you want him gone then ban him. It's that simple. BUT... before you do, know that there are far WORSE people playing on ODC server. People who use the spawn protection to revenge kill over and over and over as compensation for lack of skill. Happens to me quite regularly. As far as Ishtar is concerned, he is a bit of a revenge killer but for the most part I see him sticking to particular areas in maps and defending them pretty well. I guess people don't pay much attention to the playing habits of others and so they put themselves in harms way repeatedly. That's just dumb. If you know someone is more skilled than you, why put yourself in their sights? Anyway, I have said it before many times but it just doesn't seem to sink in and most of the time I don't think that everyone wants to camp. I think they want to run around even though its a camping server....YOU DON'T PICK SMALL MAPS WHEN YOU HAVE 12 PEOPLE IN THE MAP UNLESS YOU WANT TO RUN AND GUN!!! why not put a max number of players on each map so that it forces you to camp? Also, if you are put off by people like Ishtar and skippy scoring 25 points in 5 minutes, stop making yourself a target and going to the same areas or tunnels when you know they are waiting there. And just a bit of information for those of you not yet aware...some players use quality surround sound headphones so they can tell where you are at any given time if you change weapons, walk without crouching, or trans somewhere. I know this because I used to use them and it was borderline cheating any way you look at it. I haven't used them in years but you can bet they are more popular now than they were then. Any way you look at it, this game is set up for these kind of things to happen with the tweaks and hacks and multitude of other "iffy" fixes. Given what I have seen through the years, the only REAL solution for people is NOT to play and the drama will come to an end. But until that time comes, lets just kill each other with kindness........and shots to the head! lol
Smackaho
Public

UT3 Name: Smackaho

UT3 Name: Smackaho

Previous

Return to Cheaters