Welcome to (ODC) OldDudes/OldDames Clan. Click here to register

Rule infractions: Killa-bot aka indus and other user names

This forum will be used to submit information about cheaters

Re: Rule infractions: Killa-bot aka indus and other user nam

Postby slobodan » October 31st, 2011, 1:32 pm

He/she is back i believe. Total run and gunner played under the name Gilgamesh on the map MPC-bar-room at around 1pm est. Please check the ip to be sure. I called for an admin but none were available. Thanks Slobo
slobodan
Public

UT3 Name: Slobodan

Postby Galileo » October 31st, 2011, 6:12 pm

slobodan wrote:He/she is back i believe. Total run and gunner played under the name Gilgamesh on the map MPC-bar-room at around 1pm est. Please check the ip to be sure. I called for an admin but none were available. Thanks Slobo

You called for an admin and within 5 minutes I was on the server and provided the player a warning and let him/her know we are watching.
Galileo
Site Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Lost in Retrospection

Postby slobodan » October 31st, 2011, 6:21 pm

Thanks. I left when the map changed.
slobodan
Public

Postby Galileo » November 1st, 2011, 4:35 am

Well sorry I missed you the player swears they were be a good little camper :)
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby [uSa]Skippy » November 1st, 2011, 11:04 pm

Must have been an off game
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/ ... t00054.jpg
He moves a bit much and likes to get the powerups so it was easy to pop him
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Postby slobodan » December 8th, 2011, 7:54 pm

The cheater is back. This time he is going under the names of ping pong , Hagen and Caligula. This guy runs and guns rev kills and just about anything else. It’s a shame that he ruins the game for so many. If you all go in as an admin please don't announce you're there because the cheaters will just stop until you leave :violence-axechase:
slobodan
Public

Postby slobodan » February 16th, 2012, 2:18 pm

slobodan wrote:The cheater is back. This time he is going under the names of ping pong , Hagen and Caligula. This guy runs and guns rev kills and just about anything else. It’s a shame that he ruins the game for so many. If you all go in as an admin please don't announce you're there because the cheaters will just stop until you leave :violence-axechase:

This time he is going by X or Trixxxxx or Trixy. I call for the admin but they are not available. I would be real nice if this person played by the rules and even nicer if they got banned for life. Thy were spotted today at 1pm est. As always Thanks
slobodan
Public

Postby Galileo » February 16th, 2012, 5:36 pm

checking...

Ok The player "X" is using the same GUID as Gina_Wild, Trixxxxi, X-Ray. The other names are another player or another GUID for the same player maybe using another computer-

I would prefer not to ban the player but if they continue to not follow the rules they will be banned.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby slobodan » February 17th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Galileo wrote:checking...

Ok The player "X" is using the same GUID as Gina_Wild, Trixxxxi, X-Ray. The other names are another player or another GUID for the same player maybe using another computer-

I would prefer not to ban the player but if they continue to not follow the rules they will be banned.

Thanks. The player in question has used other player's ID before including mine. He/she often say's Hy instead of Hi and you can tell by his game playing style who he is. It would benice if they played by the rules because he is really good and should not have to cheat to win. The next time I see them i'll call for the admin and you guys can sneak in and watch. :character-afro:
slobodan
Public

Postby ruined » February 17th, 2012, 4:51 pm

he was using galgamesh also
ruined
Public

UT3 Name: Ruined

National Flag:
Canada
UT3 Name: Ruined
Status Update: Unreal Tournament

Postby slobodan » February 17th, 2012, 4:52 pm

He is in there no 3:45 est. Total rev kill and run and gun. Smackaho saw him as well so did justice. Called for the admin don't know if they came in or not. He is using the name Gilgamesh now. thanks all
slobodan
Public

Postby Galileo » February 17th, 2012, 6:59 pm

slobodan wrote:He is in there no 3:45 est. Total rev kill and run and gun. Smackaho saw him as well so did justice. Called for the admin don't know if they came in or not. He is using the name Gilgamesh now. thanks all

Player has been banned, the player stated they would not follow the rules on the server.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby slobodan » February 21st, 2012, 9:47 pm

oh well, it's ashame as the player had some real skills. to bad they had to cheat all the time. Thanks for all your work on this matter.
slobodan
Public

Postby Galileo » February 22nd, 2012, 5:15 am

slobodan wrote:oh well, it's ashame as the player had some real skills. to bad they had to cheat all the time. Thanks for all your work on this matter.

Do not worry to much the player returned under there regular name within 1 minutes of being banned and you are still playing him.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby slobodan » February 22nd, 2012, 12:25 pm

Galileo wrote:
slobodan wrote:oh well, it's ashame as the player had some real skills. to bad they had to cheat all the time. Thanks for all your work on this matter.

Do not worry to much the player returned under there regular name within 1 minutes of being banned and you are still playing him.

Great. I'll remember that. Cheat like crazy and get banned for a whole 60 seconds. Got it thanks.
slobodan
Public

Postby TriangleMan » February 22nd, 2012, 12:40 pm

slobodan wrote:
Galileo wrote:

Great. I'll remember that. Cheat like crazy and get banned for a whole 60 seconds. Got it thanks.

Ongoing Issue.... This player exists on the fringes of the rules. As noted, this player is clearly an experienced, talented player. I get the feeling that this player is also quite gifted at avoiding actual proof of rule infraction. How about we grant (3) posted : Noted : Rule infractions from this player: or any others for that matter. (3) posted rule infractions = Ban.

Just a thought. Certain players enjoy the chase of beating the ban and avoiding cheat detection more than the game itself. Perhaps set player noted infractions could put an end to that.??????

Rule infraction Notation:
Player who Submitted:
Player who cheated:
Map:
Area of Map:
Rule Infraction: Revenge / Spawn Kill / R & G / ??????
Time / Date:
Other Players present:
TriangleMan
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Tri

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: (ODC)Tri

Postby Dragon88 » February 22nd, 2012, 10:44 pm

Hard to ban a player that will run out and purchase the game for $5.00 and change is GUID on almost a weekly basis. Just so everyone knows when you install a copy of the game you get a certain number, if you remove that copy and install another from a different CD that number changes of known as your GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier)
Dragon88
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Dragon88

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: (ODC)Dragon88
Status Update: The road to success is always under construction.

Postby Galileo » February 23rd, 2012, 5:37 am

slobodan wrote:
Galileo wrote:

Now you know that was not he message that was being sent, taking that message will only move clan and server matters from public view. The message was that even though the GUID, name, and IP address may change we still know who the player are on the server at all times. There are other ways of finding and tracking players that goes beyond the well know ways of GUID and player name.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby slobodan » February 23rd, 2012, 2:03 pm

Hi guys, I’m not trying to create a stink here. It your server and your rules (which I thank you all very much for providing it) and I’ll do what is asked as far as abiding by those rules and procedures. I’m sure you can understand my frustration on this matter because I brought this to the attention of the clan back in September in hopes of changing how this player participates in the games at first. But after repeated infractions that idea just changed to “get him the hell out of here”. Yes I perceived the message as not being taken seriously by the group here as he was only banned for a minute. You have to admit that this is hardly a deterrent for breaking the rules. I don’t think that is your intension. Is it only that you can ban the player by name? If so that would explain the 1 minute turnaround. Again I’m not trying to upset anyone. I appreciate all that you guys do and enjoy playing with you all! If there are new procedures to reporting rule breakers let me know and I’ll do just that. I’m not trying to be a hard *** but when somebody repeatedly breaks the rules it just makes suck for everyone else. Again thanks for your time …Slobi
slobodan
Public

Postby Galileo » February 23rd, 2012, 3:09 pm

slobodan wrote:Hi guys, I’m not trying to create a stink here. It your server and your rules (which I thank you all very much for providing it) and I’ll do what is asked as far as abiding by those rules and procedures. I’m sure you can understand my frustration on this matter because I brought this to the attention of the clan back in September in hopes of changing how this player participates in the games at first. But after repeated infractions that idea just changed to “get him the hell out of here”. Yes I perceived the message as not being taken seriously by the group here as he was only banned for a minute. You have to admit that this is hardly a deterrent for breaking the rules. I don’t think that is your intension. Is it only that you can ban the player by name? If so that would explain the 1 minute turnaround. Again I’m not trying to upset anyone. I appreciate all that you guys do and enjoy playing with you all! If there are new procedures to reporting rule breakers let me know and I’ll do just that. I’m not trying to be a hard *** but when somebody repeatedly breaks the rules it just makes suck for everyone else. Again thanks for your time …Slobi

We ban by GUID, name and in extreme cases IP address and/or range; the player under his other name does not break the rules. As you stated he is a very good player that being said if we have reports, see a player breaking the server rules we will first provide guidance followed by warnings then we ban. If a player is detected as using code to cheat, we will instantly ban the player.
You obviously understand that we have been doing this for some time now and sincerely enjoy playing, creating content and managing the public servers. We use to follow a standard ban first and ask questions later policy only to find the reporting player did not enjoy the other player’s abilities and held a grudge against them. I am not insinuating that is the case here by any means, with a smaller community we would like everyone to get along have fun play by the rules.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Cheaters