Welcome to (ODC) OldDudes/OldDames Clan. Click here to register

Another Cheater Caught in Blackhawk Map

This forum will be used to submit information about cheaters

Another Cheater Caught in Blackhawk Map

Postby Smackaho » February 1st, 2012, 2:38 pm

Caught =SDK=Bonez under the map in Blackhawk making all his kills. When caught he said he fell under and couldn't get out and it wasn't his fault. When told that it was his fault, his response was, "oh well". Boot this loser!
Smackaho
Public

UT3 Name: Smackaho

Re: Another Cheater Caught

Postby ruined » February 1st, 2012, 4:01 pm

lol well when it concerns the map blackhawk. it is very easy the go under the map or sit in a texture in this map. bonz isnt the first one and will not be the last to sit under the map. blackhawk isnt the only map you can sit under. there is no blocking volumes in most of the maps so people can sit in textures and under maps.
ruined
Public

UT3 Name: Ruined

National Flag:
Canada
Status Update: Unreal Tournament

Postby Smackaho » February 1st, 2012, 4:47 pm

I guess those maps should be removed, or at least the cheaters should get back in the map before time expires and they are caught in the act, lol
Smackaho
Public

Postby Dragon88 » February 1st, 2012, 5:41 pm

Blackhawk WILL be pulled until I can fix it, post a list of known maps a player can use flaws in (and include what the flaw is for every map) and I WILL get them corrected ASAP.

Example: DM-Blackhawk_(revised) - Can get under map - Very Popular (Try and rate the popularity of the map, can I pull it and wait awhile or get to is ASAP for our users to keep enjoying?)

I don't like pulling maps for extended periods of time, but I'd rather do that than allow players to exploit them. Thanks Smack and Ruined for bringing this to our attention.
Dragon88
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Dragon88

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: The road to success is always under construction.

Postby Galileo » February 2nd, 2012, 5:23 am

We can not fix what we do not know about- rule number four states that a player should not use glitches or map errors to gain an advantage. Sitting in a texture as long as it allows for the player to be shot from through the texture it not included. A one way texture where they can shoot out but not be shot such as being under a map is included in the rule.

Sniper Camper Rules - English - French and German

4. Do not use glitches or map errors to gain an advantage. Report any you find to admin@odclan.net.
Galileo
Site Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Lost in Retrospection

Postby Smackaho » February 2nd, 2012, 10:14 am

So far, Blackhawk is the only one I know of. But while we are on this topic, can anyone explain why sometimes you spawn in a map in a place that has ammo but now way to get out and you have to commit suicide?
Smackaho
Public

Postby Dragon88 » February 2nd, 2012, 4:14 pm

We run a random spawn mutator that basically turns all path nodes, ammo bases, weapon bases and health/shield bases into spawn points. This is to ensure no body can camp a player start area. Again what map(s) is that happening in and we can fix it quickly. For those of you that are not familiar with map building or don't really care about map building check out my tutorials and see what is involved in the mapping process. Open your editors (found in the UT2004\System folder) and look at maps in their raw wire frame form. It will answer some of those questions you have about maps. What makes it all tick!?! I am also always open to meeting anyone on SKYPE and taking them through a map tour of their favorite map and answer any questions they may have about it. How does a one way texture work? What is BSP? What is a texture? Static mesh, now that is that? Player starts and path nodes, all Greek to me? PM me and I will take all the magic out of the game for you LOL.......Galileo and I have magic wands we wave around to make the game happen LOL.
Attachments
doing-magic.gif
doing-magic.gif (4.92 KiB) Viewed 8805 times
Dragon88
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Room_Clearing_fart » February 2nd, 2012, 8:38 pm

There is another map I've been stuck in, That is the Egyption type map in Campers/Snipers with tanks and cars + air vehicles (although you cant shoot anything, you have to commit suicide to get out)Its on the edge of the map across from where the two main buldings entry ways meet.

Another map you can get stuck under but can shoot is nveus 2k6 (or something like that.) up on a side corner where the ridges are away from everything else. I've got stuck under that as well (but mentioned it during the game) I got stuck in both while teleporting (ok running away whilst almost getting my head blown off lol)

Anyways Cudos on the site! I paypal'ed you guys a weee bit-o-green earlier in appreciation :mrgreen:
Room_Clearing_fart
Public

UT3 Name: Room_Clearing_Fart

UT3 Name: Room_Clearing_Fart

Postby melissa_jo » February 14th, 2012, 2:27 am

We run a random spawn mutator that basically turns all path nodes, ammo bases, weapon bases and health/shield bases into spawn points. This is to ensure no body can camp a player start area. Again what map(s) is that happening in and we can fix it quickly.

The rifle mod doesn't spawn inventorySpot node for "goodies" pickups (spawned where a player is killed), so random player starts ignores those pickups. Each time RPS looks to choose a spot away from the other players, and any truly isolated node (no line of sight to at least one other node) is excluded from the list of randomPlayerStarts potential spawn points... but, when a map contains 2+ ammo/health pickups placed oh-so-conveniently in a sniper blind, yeah those nodes are treated as valid candidates. A revised version of the RPS mut, specially-built for the sniper server, might exclude/ignore any node which lacks line of sight to at least TWO (or even 3) other nodes. That revision seems more practical than finding/fixing dozens of maps.

The Blackhawk map, as orignally released, did NOT contain the described "glitches". Across revisions, somebody modded the map by both removing volumes (leavingBattlefield vols, at perimeters, and killVolume(s) beneath) AND by changing the zone's killZ. Sadly, no, it's not an isolated example; equally sadly, those "glitchy" maps have been waaay popular, frequently voted into play across various "sniper" servers. Hmmm...

FWIW, wherever a fix can be accomplished simply by setting/changing the killZ, no rebuild is required for the change to take effect.

That long, narrow egyptian-themed map (converted from VCTF?) there's NO valid excuse for anyone hiding under the perimeter terrain. Too bad there's not a placeable "boot-yer-ass-from-the-game" volume. That map begs perimeter insta- killZone volumes, or at least PVs with volumeFog set to pitch black.

Dragon, you oughta take liberties + have some fun with whatever maps you wind up adjusting. Instead of just blocking off the cheater spots, stick landmines there... so that when cheater offs himself, the "stepped on a landmine" death message will "out" him so the other players know what's up. Or howabout an unmarked one-way teleporter? Send cheater to a small, unlit box. Without splash damage weapon in hand, he can't kill himself -- forced to leave the match to get "unstuck".
melissa_jo
Public

Postby Dragon88 » February 14th, 2012, 9:20 am

Dragon, you oughta take liberties + have some fun with whatever maps you wind up adjusting. Instead of just blocking off the cheater spots, stick landmines there... so that when cheater offs himself, the "stepped on a landmine" death message will "out" him so the other players know what's up. Or howabout an unmarked one-way teleporter? Send cheater to a small, unlit box. Without splash damage weapon in hand, he can't kill himself -- forced to leave the match to get "unstuck".

Now that is funny, and I may do that over the next few maps I fix for glitches. Haven't got the time to go over every map with cheat spots, been busy as all get out creating new monsters for the next Invasion Code coming out. Still have to create a Boss monster yet also. Whew.......

FWIW, wherever a fix can be accomplished simply by setting/changing the killZ, no rebuild is required for the change to take effect.

I was taught that a long time ago as a noob mapper, I also "for S.A.G." add an xFallingVolume. Being the only active mapper right now in the clan it can get over whelming at times, and your right when people start hacking on maps that are not fully sure what they are doing only causes these problems to arise in time. I went looking for all the maps I have started but never completed and resulted in 30+ maps, WOW! Not to mention the maps I have built and placed on the serves 20+ there.
Dragon88
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Woooo » February 14th, 2012, 9:37 am

if u send them through the teleport can the box they are stuck in laugh at em constantly?...almost annoying, like a clown with a nasal voice lmao
Woooo
Clan Member

UT3 Name: Woooo

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: Woooo
Status Update: Fighting the good fight!, perseverance is the test of true might...

Postby Dragon88 » February 14th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Almost anything is possible in the UT world, if you can dream it we can make it happen.
Dragon88
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nebulous » February 26th, 2012, 4:15 pm

I had my nice dreams and awful nightmares lol...
nebulous
Public

UT3 Name: nebulous

UT3 Name: nebulous

Postby ruined » February 27th, 2012, 12:42 am

nice to see you back neb
ruined
Public

National Flag:
Canada

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 22nd, 2012, 5:16 pm

Hello ,I would like to say to watch out for [SH]Ishtar, if you guys have have screenshot sender, try it out when you see him playing, sometimes he is just everywhere, knows exactly where just one shot comes from,
I would dare to say he is running something, I was UT2K4 admin at [SM] we ran it and caught quiet a few people with it. also Thank you for the fun at your sniper server, It fills quickly once a few of us peeps show up.
Again Thanks...[SM]Killbert
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: I'mmmmm Baaaccckkkkk

Postby Galileo » November 23rd, 2012, 6:14 am

[SM]Killbert wrote:Hello ,I would like to say to watch out for [SH]Ishtar, if you guys have have screenshot sender, try it out when you see him playing, sometimes he is just everywhere, knows exactly where just one shot comes from,
I would dare to say he is running something, I was UT2K4 admin at [SM] we ran it and caught quiet a few people with it. also Thank you for the fun at your sniper server, It fills quickly once a few of us peeps show up.
Again Thanks...[SM]Killbert

Thank you [SM]Killbert,

Saw your message in chat and sent a reminder to our admins on using this installed feature for our servers.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Lost in Retrospection

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 23rd, 2012, 6:45 pm

Its just a thought,thanks for the use of the server while ours is being redone, I miss UT, haven't played for like a year maybe, then a few months ago i got the fever again, I probably shouldn't have brought this up to you guys, but there is nothing more I hate than a cheater...I hope you had a great Thanks Giving..Take care... Bert
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby [uSa]Skippy » November 24th, 2012, 12:29 am

[SM]Killbert wrote: I was UT2K4 admin at [SM] we ran it and caught quiet a few people with it.

And a few false positives :D nice to see that SM isn't completely dead.
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 24th, 2012, 1:53 am

Says who..as far as I remember you were banned, to much drama too, just dont need it. You kept coming back under different names Causing problems... Some it took beefbrains working some magic to get your name.
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ruined » November 25th, 2012, 6:29 pm

[SM] banned everyone for every reason. thats why [SM] is dead.at one time SM was the place to play till there ego's took over and banned eveyone for any reason. you win one game and they acussed of cheating, thats why everyone plays on ODC now because they have better leader and even alot better admins, and they dont bann people for winning rofl. and if you going to use your screenshot sender i say make [SM]Killbert the first one.
ruined
Public

National Flag:
Canada

Next

Return to Cheaters