Welcome to (ODC) OldDudes/OldDames Clan. Click here to register

Another Cheater Caught in Blackhawk Map

This forum will be used to submit information about cheaters

Re: Another Cheater Caught

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 25th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Ruined , I for one have never banned you for anything, you just saw my [SM] tags and started to whine...[SM] is not dead by any means we are just redoing our server...I think if you practiced more,and less gabbing, you would be fine..I agree make me the first one for screenshot sender...Ruined we know your not cheating..You can figure out the rest.
By the way I agree (ODC) is a great clan and a great server, I have a lot of fun on the server with everyone that shows up..sometimes we really fill it up!

I would like this end Ruined, [SM] will open back up soon, and you will be welcomed...see you on the server [SM]Killbert
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: I'mmmmm Baaaccckkkkk

Postby Woooo » November 26th, 2012, 12:31 pm

i think the idea of honest gaming is a lost art...patience, honor, and respect is being tainted...essentially its a game, and measures to win at all cost are taken to the extreme...the fact ur having to go behind people to screenshot them or ban them is juvenile...and not on ur part for the banning put on the players part for deficating on the rules and virtues of the game itself...if u cant win, practice...if u cant lose, dont play...this game is WAY too fun to have to have people searching for reasons to ban others and/or losing out on the fun to watch screenshots...even at its core the game of UT is of an honor based system... :naughty: :doh: :snooty:
Woooo
Clan Member

UT3 Name: Woooo

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Fighting the good fight!, perseverance is the test of true might...

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 26th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Woooo trust me ,nobody wants to waist their time, doing screenshots, we like to play also, but when there is a cheater in the midst, and we suspect them, they get a "screenshot" no harm is done to anyone if they come up clean life goes on, but if they do not, they do not, they are confronted and usually they just say no way not me, when you can clearly see they are running a cheat and they are many, Juvenile...No,can it be abused ...yes...But it is a good tool to help keep your server cheat free, along with good old comon sense. There will always be people who cheat, no matter what...how we deal with them is the question,when you are on a server, you are a guest, if you do not play by the rules..you can be told to leave or be "banned"....
Again, I would like this to end now..when our server comes back those that choose to can come back as you please, if not fine... Just know we will always try and stop cheaters, always....
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dragon88 » November 26th, 2012, 5:48 pm

Since I started playing UT2004, humm? about 6 years ago I think, I have always stayed to my ODC servers never venturing out into the world. This year I decided to venture out into the world and meet other UT players and visit as many servers as I can. Wow I have met A LOT of new and interesting people, made even more friends along the way. This is a topic that plagues the whole, and found different approaches and ideas to the topic. The best resolve that I have found is this..... When a "suspected cheater" comes on the server we as a whole "the players playing at the time and having fun" move to another server for a few matches. The "cheater" then has to fight the bots, which is a blast for them Ha Ha, and leave that server. We then come back and play a few more matches there. But all in all the cheater only looses at the end of the day because there is no one to play against. But WE have a fun time. Still several clans out there in the UT world and more people are returning to the game. I've found some new items a long the way, learned new things and taught some people things. Been a fun year so far and have lots of new things to place on the ODC offering table. My best find so far has been the spider translocator, this is a neat little trans. to play around with a lot you can do with it in game. Anyway, just a little I.M.O. thoughts and when your server is back up let me know so I can stop in, visit and place a few well head shots on the group. Give me your TS information so I can jump in and talk with everyone! Good luck with the new server and Thanks for your time spent here at ODC.

(ODC)Dragon88
Dragon88
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Dragon88

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: (ODC)Dragon88
Status Update: The road to success is always under construction.

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 26th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Hello,(ODC)Dragon88 nice to speak with you , and I owe you for letting us all play on the (ODC) server..I will let you know as soon as our [SM] server is up and running,to please come by and make yourself at home, we run multiple games, a few are running off personal computers..just to keep us going..To reach our website which is now "HTTP://WWW.SMCLAN.COM" Please stop by and check us out .

We all hate the drama and love the gameplay, I hope we get to play a Sniper Clan match when ours is back up, maybe one at each server...We have a TS3 running although its not populated very much, its on a private computer while we set up the server.. i will PM you the site..Hope to see you on both servers, I have had the UT BUG bite me again, I was played out, and a injury to my back made playing hard, i am back having fun..and its good to be back, although i am being humbled by many players, especially one (ODC)Snowman..

Again I thank you for all of us, Keep in touch... [SM]Killbert
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby LowIQHater » November 27th, 2012, 1:24 am

Like Dragon, I played exclusively on ODC servers for quite a while. Due to my limited game time, I have recently been playing on run and gun servers as the games are quicker from start to finish. There are some world class cheaters out there. Players with perfect scores, players who cannot be killed even when you hit them directly, etc.

We need to be careful when we describe the actions of the players- is it cheating the game or cheating by breaking the server rules. If it is cheating the game, ban them. If it is cheating by breaking the rules of the server, give them a fair chance- maybe two, then ban them.

We used to have a quorum for banning suspects, I think it is a good idea.

Thread hijack- I also think a run and gun server on ODC would be a good idea.

LowIQHater
one in a row

LowIQHater
Clan Member

UT3 Name: LowIQHater

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Galileo » November 27th, 2012, 6:09 am

LowIQHater wrote:Thread hijack- I also think a run and gun server on ODC would be a good idea. LowIQHater

:text-threadjacked:

try

Old Dudes/Dames|ZARK|*WhyMustYOUDie?*Classic Maps All Welcome

ut2004://66.235.180.112:7779
Galileo
Site Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo
Status Update: Lost in Retrospection

Postby Woooo » November 27th, 2012, 9:49 am

oh yeah! i have and always will be a fan of the [SM] server and the members there in...even when i was involved in [WTF] u could find great times at [SM] servers...banning for clear violation of the rules and/or cheating is not juvenile on ur part (as i said), its juvenile of the gamer for causing u to have to...i came into the game with the UTMOST respect for it and the tru gamers involved...ive been around the UT world for 6 years or more and the one constant is the love of the game...players styles have altered like the clothing styles through the decades...use to be hardcore camp and now u cannot hear anything through the trans locations...its more mobile camping then camping :) ...being that its changed so much that means a lot more misinterpretation of the rules...

boy do i miss those quiet pindrop type of camping matches :(
Woooo
Clan Member

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Fighting the good fight!, perseverance is the test of true might...

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 27th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Woooooo thats nice to hear ,we worked hard on the server, and have always enjoyed the different clans and individuals that came to the [SM] server , there has been a few, I see ,messages for dead eye in German,LOL, international criminals.that was definitely a problem on our server, and probably all the others too, as for skippy he was banned on all others before ours, we really took our time in making the decision, to many questions...by to many players, clan members, admins etc.
Wooooo you really hit the nail on the head when you said its kind of mobile camping now, its has morphed into that,I too miss good old camping , You must move (displace) when you shoot someone, because of better sound quality headphones, people of good skill can pick up the shot quick now and zero in quick like. We also had to pool our experiences before banning someone, people would not understand sometimes, when they were kicked for a map or 10 games etc. and think they were banned, when they were not. They would swear at us up and down, call us every name in the book, and when we would say they were kicked not banned, they would instantly would change into the most wonderful person..LOL it was amazing.
Its nice to exchange these experiences and glad to see we all wadded thru the same swamp.

Thanks all, take care [SM]Killbert

P.S. a Good run and gunner is always fun, ..great Idea !
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby [uSa]Skippy » November 27th, 2012, 8:37 pm

[SM]Killbert wrote:You must move (displace) when you shoot someone, because of better sound quality headphones, people of good skill can pick up the shot quick now and zero in quick like.

The quality and technology in headphones and sound-cards has been stagnant for years. My Audigy 2 ZS has gone through 3 systems and is nearly 10 years old.

The necessity to move after killing enough people as always been a part of sniper. Better players are not deaf and blind, after 2-3 kills its rather easy to figure out where someone is hiding.

There is also the great catch 22 of sniper, if no one can see eachother and no one moves no one dies. It only takes seconds to sweep the arena from a single POV, after that its waiting for someone else to move or moving yourself. Most games are determined by who can shoot the runner or fresh spawns the most.

The second problem is that the game rules do not match the server rules. There is no advantage to camping over running and gunning, crouching instantly gives full benefit that camping does. The weapon switch between the translocator and rifle is fast enough that it can be preformed before the player even hits the ground.
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 27th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Ouch skippy a real zinger..I guess you cant afford new ones, sorry buddy....that does not change anything
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jonesie » November 29th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Greetings all,

I do agree with the assessment that killbert & woooooo are saying. It really has become a Mobile Camping (like that term) play some of the time.
But in the real world, if you have fired off your shot, you have to be on the move anyhow, because you have compromised your position.
Transing spot to spot is another thing though... (which gives your position away anyhow) But what has been bad at times are the folks who trans hunt, " Cough Cough Ishtar.." and ruin it for everyone. R & G has never ever really been a serious issues on the sniper camper, except for noobs, and 1st timers.
Then it's like the bots..., target practice. : )
Also may I might add..., While I don't know him very well, I have enjoyed sniping with Killbert here lately. He plays a very competitive game, low deaths, and I like the fact that he gives the, GS, GG, thxs, ect..., win or loose....., good sportsmanship. Fist pound out to you kilbert. : )
Also I must say that Snowman has been a good representative of the ODC Sniper server with his good sportsmanship as well. I Can't tell you the last time I've seen any other ODC players on the sniper server. ( Cough cough..., Dragon-Galileo) :) I know you guys have been busy, have missed playing with you guys as well.

Good news though is, that since the new maps were added, and the weather started getting colder, is that I noticed a upward trend on server players, and the sniper server itself..., which is always good news.

One final thought..., does anyone know what ever happened to Padrone?

Thanks for the input.

Jonesie
Jonesie
Public

Status Update: To Boldly go...

Postby Jonesie » November 29th, 2012, 9:06 pm

[uSa]Skippy wrote:
There is also the great catch 22 of sniper, if no one can see eachother and no one moves no one dies. It only takes seconds to sweep the arena from a single POV, after that its waiting for someone else to move or moving yourself.

There lies the beauty in sniping. It very much like a chess game. Every game..., my ultimate goal is not to win, but not to die. I play a very defensive strategy.
Early in a game I might be more adventurous, and Creep/crouch to different secure POV's, and who ever comes up in my scope, I count as a point.
Once I feel I have a comfortable lead, I'll find a very defensive spot, and camp till the cows come home. Why? It's a timed game. It's about Time management, Calculating, and making minimal mistakes.

Just me though...., that's the way I like to play..., but I understand that other like to get through the maps fast.

Thanks,

Jonesie
Jonesie
Public

Postby [SM]Killbert » November 30th, 2012, 10:52 pm

Hi all, and Thanks Jonesie..Its nice to hear that, there are a lot of guys that still hate my guts because of my admin time at [SM] server, but i guess that goes with the territory, and I try to take it with a grain of salt,I must admit sometimes there are guys that get under your skin...and piss me off, thats normal too, I am human, I must say too Jonesie,, not only are you a good player, you play by the rules, as much as we can ,(stated in we must move now more often) Its fun to play with people that are a challenge and you most certainly are..as are most of the people playing, I joined [SM] in 2007 and was Playing UT2K4 about a year before that just as old Killbert..so 7 years in UT, and sometimes i still can stink at the game...unknown maps ETC, whatever excuse I can come up with...
I now look forward to playing UT again when I'm out and come home, it helps me relax..I am a Former Marine so killing things puts me at ease..LOL, But It was nice to hear you say that Jonesie thanks again for the props...Your feel of the game seems to be right on, I guess thats almost the way I play..I do not usually enjoy such a lead as you talk about, so I am fighting my way thru, but tell me, it feels good when you have a close match, and you pull one thru in the end for a win No?..It sure does for me. By the way today after i finish this.. I will donate 20 bones to the server in thanks to the UT God's may he keep me headshotting for a while. and thanks to ODC clan for the server...
Thanks all to still like to play a good game of Sniper on UT, I have a ball with you all...Bert
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jonesie » December 1st, 2012, 1:57 am

[SM]Killbert wrote: By the way today after i finish this.. I will donate 20 bones to the server in thanks to the UT God's may he keep me headshotting for a while. and thanks to ODC clan for the server...
Thanks all to still like to play a good game of Sniper on UT, I have a ball with you all...Bert

Dude...., that is sweet! :clap:
While I'm independent, I do call ODC Home. With that in mind, with your class act of donating some bones during this holiday season...., I will match your donation with my own 20 to ODC. I have enjoyed playing here for quite a few years, and continue to each day. Much like yourself, I use it for stress relief, and a bit of social interaction. Once you get your server up, I guess I will get out of my comfort zone, and come visit some of your maps on your server.
I'm always up for a new challenge. : )
Thanks for the props Killbert, look forward to sniping with you going forward.

Jonesie
Jonesie
Public

Postby [uSa]Skippy » December 1st, 2012, 2:07 am

I will raise $40.... wait what are we playing again?
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Postby sweendog » December 1st, 2012, 11:14 am

All be it, I don't play as much as I want to anymore....We here at ODC really appreciate it, people like you guys playing the servers make it a success. This game will always be around!
Thank you fellas, much obliged.
sweendog
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Ever notice how many times your wife offers your service to people?

Postby [SM]Killbert » December 2nd, 2012, 6:29 pm

Funny, it seems its having a resurgence , It seems i just suddenly had the urge to play again, and Its hard for me to just play, I want to be involved, like with my clan, I enjoy the camaraderie .. messing with people thats my nature.. Nothing better than a good laugh, I used to do it at the bar, I quit drinking, which opened my wallet to computing...Gaming, etc. chipping in a few bucks is minor compared to the fun we get out of it.
It only makes for a better experience ,I have a better connection now..30,000 down.... 5 uploading The uploading is great..makes for fast redirect time..uploading maps etc....Also i think it was great that people followed my lead, I also understand from [SM] experience sometimes money just isnt there..thats ok too, just play and enjoy...No worries..I am saying this, and I am not a member here..but I have a feeling from what I have seen from this clan so far..They think a lot like we do..Its all good..Just have fun..show respect to the server your on, rules, etc. and it will be a great experience, thats what its about right?

Take Care.....[SM]Killbert
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby LowIQHater » December 3rd, 2012, 10:20 pm

All is good.

That is the important thing.

LowIQHater
one in a row

LowIQHater
Clan Member

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Skidmark » December 14th, 2012, 10:59 am

I remember getting booted from the SM server a few times, usually happened when I was winning.

:angry-tappingfoot:
Skidmark
Clan Member

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Cheaters