Welcome to (ODC) OldDudes/OldDames Clan. Click here to register

Found someone using glitch in map...

This forum will be used to submit information about cheaters

Found someone using glitch in map...

Postby [SM]Killbert » September 27th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Hello all , Its Old Bert , I have a question, before I get to irate about this, I tranzed high in The Map " Outback " and got stuck on lip on the map. This was today Sept 27th about 1:10 pm Hawaiian Time, so you can check your logs,
I found a player [GO] po up there on the lip where nobody can see him from the ground, shooting away and his score at that time was 20 to 8 at the next highest player, when I brought it up to him as you will see on the logs he said anyone can get up there and it was legal, I did not think so, and he was talking smack the entire game, so I was mad, I shot him and went down, after taking a pic of him...
Please let me know whats up if this is a place that legal or not , I may have to apologize if I am wrong...I have no room for cheaters.. Thanks Guys Bert..
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: I'mmmmm Baaaccckkkkk

Re: Found someone using glitch in map...

Postby Dragon88 » September 28th, 2014, 1:31 am

This is not legal and it is considered using a map glitch to gain the advantage. I was called into the server by the sSs crew playing about [GO]po for revenge killing and R&G. I wish you had brought this to my attention Bert so I personally could have explained the rule to him. Watch him in the future and please keep us posted on bad behavior in the server.

I don't know if you have a Steam account, if you do look me up and send a friends request I am sill listed as (ODC)Dragon88 there. If in the future you need me QUICK you can normally send me a chat in steam and I can respond in seconds.

I do know that [GO]po has just signed up to our forums (I ok'd his request personally) so just in case he reads this post. YOU BETTER READ and OBEY our rules PO, if you can't locate them then follow this link: http://www.odclan.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1758&f=23 and they are written in multiple languages!!!

PS: [GO]po changing your name to 3D in game will not trip me up or confuse me, you have a GUID that is unique to you!! Doing that only makes me more suspicious of you as a player on our server and will cause a harsher punishment in the end if get caught breaking a rule.
:angry-tappingfoot:
Dragon88
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Dragon88

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: The road to success is always under construction.

Postby [SM]Killbert » September 28th, 2014, 3:05 am

Will do Dragon88 thanks for the reply, and I will update my steam account, so I can access it quickly...Thanks for your help ,Bert.
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby [GO]po » September 28th, 2014, 6:04 am

Hello All and good morning! This is probably not how I would have imagined making my introduction onto your excellent forum and UT server but needs must I guess.

Yes I was on the ledge that surrounds the entire Outback map which can be gotten to by trans'ing onto it. It's not hidden and indeed not a particularly difficult place to spot someone on as you stand out against the clouds background. I've used this spot on a number of occasions and have ended the game there, which allows fellow gamers to see the spot, without complaints. It's like the spots on top of the trees in the Backyard map where you can trans onto giving you a view of the entire map but again it's not particularly difficult to spot, as it looks like you are floating above the tree, by anyone looking up from the ground. I've never considered them as map glitches or perhaps unfair positions as you are completely visible and shootable at all times and they are available to all by using the trans. However, if you are saying that these are glitches then accept my apologies and I won't use them.

As for 'talking smack'!? I've always considered that part of the game and considered it more as friendly banter between fellow players, especially between my fellow [GO]'ers, to which it is mandatory. It's not meant to be nasty or in any way offensive but moreover a display of the camaraderie in this ever shrinking population of UT2k4 players.

Now, as to the accusations of R&G and Revenge! Yes again I am guilty, but more of just the running as I didn't shoot the chap once as far as I can remember! In my defense it was only on the one small map, the nighttime wild west map I believe, which was populated by over a dozen fellow players and only against the one [sSs] individual whom I thought, in my 12 Guinness down semi drunken state, would have seen the funny side of it. Again, if I was uncompromisingly annoying please accept my humblest apologizes!

As for changing my name to 3D that is very much not the case! 3D is a completely different player who was in the game at the same time as myself. I understand all about GUID's and the simple impact of changing your username will not disguise you on a server. May I, with respect, suggest that you check the IP addresses of 3D and Myself to confirm that we are indeed separate individuals.

Now that that's done let me just say that it's wonderful to see that UT2K4 is still alive and kicking on your server. And that it has been a long time since I, and my fellow clan'ers, have used the [GO] tag as our server ceased to be many years ago. But for those of you who remember [GO], and there are many on this forum and server I recognize from the past, the ex WTF'ers, Snack'ers, PSI'ers, et al, I'm sure you will remember it as a place that was very fair and very fun to play on, much like ODC (but without the 'you cant see in but I can see out' spots, with a better trans mod and unlimited jumps! :D ). And, if I have given the impression that I have strayed from maintaining these ethos then consider it as no more than an over enthusiastic jubilance, perhaps in part fueled by alcohol, at finding a camping server with the same goals and aims, that is fun and fairness, of the old [GO] server.

Finally, apologies again to those offended.

Have a great day all and Good Games!
[GO]po
Public

Postby Dragon88 » September 28th, 2014, 5:12 pm

Yes I was on the ledge that surrounds the entire Outback map which can be gotten to by trans'ing onto it. It's not hidden and indeed not a particularly difficult place to spot someone on as you stand out against the clouds background. I've used this spot on a number of occasions and have ended the game there, which allows fellow gamers to see the spot, without complaints. It's like the spots on top of the trees in the Backyard map where you can trans onto giving you a view of the entire map but again it's not particularly difficult to spot, as it looks like you are floating above the tree, by anyone looking up from the ground. I've never considered them as map glitches or perhaps unfair positions as you are completely visible and shootable at all times and they are available to all by using the trans. However, if you are saying that these are glitches then accept my apologies and I won't use them.

Not a problem PO now that the rules are defined is all we ask...

As for 'talking smack'!? I've always considered that part of the game and considered it more as friendly banter between fellow players, especially between my fellow [GO]'ers, to which it is mandatory. It's not meant to be nasty or in any way offensive but moreover a display of the camaraderie in this ever shrinking population of UT2k4 players.

Never said anything about the friendly banter, it is enjoyed by all. Rules just ask that language be watched as we do have several younger players on the servers and we try to keep it a family server.

Now, as to the accusations of R&G and Revenge! Yes again I am guilty, but more of just the running as I didn't shoot the chap once as far as I can remember! In my defense it was only on the one small map, the nighttime wild west map I believe, which was populated by over a dozen fellow players and only against the one [sSs] individual whom I thought, in my 12 Guinness down semi drunken state, would have seen the funny side of it. Again, if I was uncompromisingly annoying please accept my humblest apologizes!

The particular sSs player involved is a VERY VERY good and fair player and most could challenge him and not win, I myself have went 1-on-1 with him and loose most of the time. But again I believe you have an understanding of our rules need to not dwell on the topic.

As for changing my name to 3D that is very much not the case! 3D is a completely different player who was in the game at the same time as myself. I understand all about GUID's and the simple impact of changing your username will not disguise you on a server. May I, with respect, suggest that you check the IP addresses of 3D and Myself to confirm that we are indeed separate individuals.

Not going to debate this point, I didn't pull the GUID at the time and careless either way. You and this player were both in Spectate and AFK for most of the map.

Now that that's done let me just say that it's wonderful to see that UT2K4 is still alive and kicking on your server. And that it has been a long time since I, and my fellow clan'ers, have used the [GO] tag as our server ceased to be many years ago. But for those of you who remember [GO], and there are many on this forum and server I recognize from the past, the ex WTF'ers, Snack'ers, PSI'ers, et al, I'm sure you will remember it as a place that was very fair and very fun to play on, much like ODC (but without the 'you cant see in but I can see out' spots, with a better trans mod and unlimited jumps! :D ). And, if I have given the impression that I have strayed from maintaining these ethos then consider it as no more than an over enthusiastic jubilance, perhaps in part fueled by alcohol, at finding a camping server with the same goals and aims, that is fun and fairness, of the old [GO] server.

Finally, apologies again to those offended.

Thanks for the great feed back on the server but I.M.O. we have the best trans mod. in the community ever. LOL Again just banter and I.M.O.
Dragon88
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby [SM]Killbert » September 29th, 2014, 4:11 am

I am glad we have this figured out, I needed to make the point that it was illegal, because arguing back and forth was unbecoming of us both, so we now know its illegal and will not be used again, at least by [GO]po
Po i am not meaning to do this to bust your balls, I am just doing what I had to when you would not agree it was illegal, I would have dropped it if you would have said ok, no more..but you did not.

I dont like having to do this,but it pisses me off when I am getting killed, as for talking smack I love doing it and getting it, but when your winning 19 to 9 its no fun when ur up there and no one knows it.

I hope we can get past this, thanks to all involved..Bert.
[SM]Killbert
Public

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby melissa_jo » October 13th, 2014, 2:40 pm

I've used this spot on a number of occasions and have ended the game there, which allows fellow gamers to see the spot, without complaints.
Excellent point!

It's like the spots on top of the trees in the Backyard map where you can trans onto giving you a view of the entire map but again it's not particularly difficult to spot, as it looks like you are floating above the tree, by anyone looking up from the ground.
At end-of-game, the POV centered on the winner is a "tight shot". If no complaints were raised for (Outback map) "hey! no fair -- he's standing up in the clouds!" I'm guessing that's because just prior to end of game, the expectant winner often launches his trans... so that the end-of-game shot 1) will not reveal the superduper camping spot he was using, and 2) will look kewl as hell. In other words, no complaints because players have grown accustomed to seeing weird camera POV at end of match.

I've never considered them as map glitches or perhaps unfair positions as you are completely visible and shootable at all times and they are available to all by using the trans.
If it's a "ledge", what leads you to believe that someone up there is "completely shootable"? Doesn't it stand to reason that only the portion of your player's collision hull hanging out over the edge at a given moment is shootable? Doesn't it also stand to reason that, from a given vantage point, a shooter probably doesn't have line-of-fire (so will waste ammo, get frustrated). I'm just saying here that I consider exploitation of "high ledges" and blinds to be way different from standing atop a tree.

[GO] ...remember it as a place that was very fair and very fun to play on, much like ODC (but without the 'you cant see in but I can see out' spots)
Sigh. ODC is not pulling and / or fixing glitchy maps?
ODC still willingly includes "secrets maps" ('you cant see in but I can see out') in the map rotation?
If so, hassling a guy for "standing on clounds, in plain sight" seems like hypocrisy.

with a better trans mod and unlimited jumps
On a "sniper" server, one might expect that half the "fun" is carefully sneaking to reach reach a favorite camping spot. So, there's no better, or worse trans -- a trans ruins that aspect of play, period. The flip side is that without a trans, many of the "mini me" maps in the rotation would be nearly unplayable, period.

Unlimited jumps? For a "sniper" server? C'mon, you're joking (about that being "better"), right?
BTW, I never did figure out: a couple kids using [PSI] tags were able to "keep it going" (unlimited jump) while typechatting in-game.
They swore they weren't using a cheat (and no one ever detected one)...
melissa_jo
Public

Postby Dragon88 » October 14th, 2014, 8:24 am

If so, hassling a guy for "standing on clounds, in plain sight" seems like hypocrisy.

:angry-argument:
Dragon88
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Camco » December 14th, 2014, 6:40 am

I dunno who that [sSs] member is that you speak of, but the only one I ever see on this Camping server on a regular basis really SUCKS! :naughty: :P
I can take a lot of much that goes on, as long as I am having fun. After all, What is this? It is a "GAME". It is a thing that we enjoy doing to pass our Leisurely time.
On this server, I am a Camper. I do come from Run n' Gun back ground, so in the heat of battle, I can out trans many who play on here, and get behind and "Head Shot" the sucker.
I do not just sit and let a "Shooter" take me out if I can live by moving faster than they can. Yes, I know this upsets some, but in battle, it is Survival, am I not correct? If I am not, I need to be told.
Every now and then, people will leave when I come in, and shoot them for the first time. Doesn't matter from where, or how. But I do have a habit of Dying a lot less than what I kill.
A few times, I was accused of being Ishtar, even though we play nothing alike, yet score similar. Big difference, He wears a Sniper Skin, I don't, and he's a huge Revenger, and I am not. I have left many times do to him.
To prove that I do not break the rules, and Run and Gun, I would welcome any and/or all Admin to Spec me while playing.
Like I said, I come from Run and gun (DM, Freezetag and CTF), and I want to make sure that I play by the proper rules. I belong to a Sniper Clan now, but NOT a sniper at heart. I may need to learn a few lessons.

As for Revenge Killing, I do NOT go out of my way to Revenge Kill. I think it is cheap and shows lack of skill. However, if somebody does it to me often, I Will return the favor, and do it myself. I will NOT be made a fool of.
It would be nice if Admins would secretly view all players and lay the law down as it's needed, when it's needed.

I play with Bert quite Often, and I enjoy all of our matches. He's a Great Guy, and so far, he has not mentioned that I have over stepped my bounds, leaving me to believe he enjoys playing with me as well.

Anyway, I know I have played with 3D, [Go]Po, or whomever. I have not found anybody using Glitches, cheats, or anything else, not to say they don't, as many times, I can NEVER find my shooter. He's beaten me, I have beaten him.
If one uses an unconventional spot, or unconventional way to gain an advantage over others to win a match, that is a way of stating how bad they suck, because they cannot do it in a way that others do.
Like I stated, I come from Run and Gun, and in battle I can move, but the other player has just as much of a chance as I do, should they be quick enough and ability to guess where I shall trans. Dragon knows that ok. LOL

Use NO Glitch, Battle fairly, and don't Revenge or attempt revenge while spawning, I respect the challenge. Do ANY of those, and show how much you suck by not doing it fairly.

Ok now, Who wants me to kick their tush? :dance:
[sSs]-]TUC[CamcoImage[sSs]-]TUC[Camco
Camco
Public

UT3 Name: [sSs]-]TUC[Camco

Postby Camco » December 14th, 2014, 6:49 am

Also, There are many maps with Secrets, if you don't know them, it is up to you to learn them. They are there, they are popular, there is NO Hypocrisy. That is a sign of Laziness in not wanting to learn a map.
End of map does NOT show where the winner has been sniping from. I often trans from my spot as to NOT give up where I was, showing me up in the sky, thus leaving the impression I may be standing on a cloud.
Play on, Be nice kidz. :romance-grouphug:
[sSs]-]TUC[CamcoImage[sSs]-]TUC[Camco
Camco
Public

Postby [uSa]Skippy » December 19th, 2014, 1:48 am

The best strategy is to shoot them faster than they can shoot you....
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Return to Cheaters