Welcome to (ODC) OldDudes/OldDames Clan. Click here to register

UT2004 Tweaks from the .ini

When you can't decide where to post, do it here.

Moderators: timrit_jr, Galileo, Sargon

UT2004 Tweaks from the .ini

Postby [uSa]Skippy » December 16th, 2010, 10:11 pm

gone
Last edited by [uSa]Skippy on September 24th, 2011, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Re: UT2004 Tweaks from the .ini

Postby TriangleMan » December 18th, 2010, 8:05 am

Thanks Skippy! Truly enjoy these posts. Much appreciated.
TriangleMan
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Tri

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby TriangleMan » July 19th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Anything else that you can think of Skippy??? Another installment???
TriangleMan
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby [uSa]Skippy » July 20th, 2011, 12:34 am

I was rather complete on mentioning everything I know to tweak on this game's ini and dispelling most the silly misinformation. If there is anything else you want to know you can ask.
The other thread covers most the easy gui tweaks and some equipment preferences.

I could go over more control and keybind preferences for UT2004 and more fps in general as I use nearly the same layout on most games.

The other topic is actual in-game tips on sniper and FT. I have thought multiple times on making a tutorial going over just strategy and tactics but due have yet to make it due to poor reception of similar topics in the past. It would likely be a video and text tutorial if I ever did it.

I don't have much motivation to spend time doing these kind of tutorials as I am a pariah in the sniper community. I can't really play this game, I'm tired of playing half assed so people stick around a few more maps. I'm sick of changing names and asking old friends for keys so I can play on a server for a few more weeks or months before someone figures out its me and I'm banned.

Enough with the ranting. If I get enough interest in continuing these I can post some more tips, but I will need a topic. :p
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Postby ruined » July 20th, 2011, 2:23 pm

lol i know how you feel fear. i was on a team that kept telling me i have to be cheating because i was winning all the time on there server. i even told the leader of the clan that i would give him access to my comp to prove that i wasnt cheating, but that was still not enough. i was getting 3, 4 , 5 headshots in a row. i played 5 hours a day seven days a week and thats how i got good. it wasnt that the rest of the team was on 5 hours a month. and they wanted money from me just for a clan tag, i had no rights as a member i couldn't even kick a runner and gunner, but they sure wanted my money. i was on this team for 2 1/2 years and they just tossed me like garbage. it pissed me off bigtime. i know how you feel Fear_of_Dark. People judge you because of there insecurities. the team i was on was [SAS]
ruined
Public

UT3 Name: Ruined

National Flag:
Canada
UT3 Name: Ruined
Status Update: Unreal Tournament

Postby TriangleMan » July 20th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Very much enjoyed the GUI & INI installments. Great presentations. Like burning through an entire season of Dexter in one weekend. Just leaves you wanting more. I've got your two installments bookmarked. Referenced it the other day and just thought to ask on the far chance you might have some more stuff to share....

Skippy:
"I could go over more control and keybind preferences for UT2004 and more fps in general as I use nearly the same layout on most games.

The other topic is actual in-game tips on sniper and FT. I have thought multiple times on making a tutorial going over just strategy and tactics but due have yet to make it due to poor reception of similar topics in the past. It would likely be a video and text tutorial if I ever did it."

Yeah Man! If you have the time. I think there would be interested readers.
A. Control & Key Bind: In Depth.
B. Advanced Tips: Camper & Freeze Tag
TriangleMan
Clan Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby [uSa]Skippy » July 21st, 2011, 9:10 pm

TriangleMan wrote:Yeah Man! If you have the time. I think there would be interested readers.
A. Control & Key Bind: In Depth.
B. Advanced Tips: Camper & Freeze Tag

I'll see what I can do, might be a few days before I post something up

Also I will be moving these guides to my site so that they are more publicly visible, right now you need a login to the forums to see these, that wasn't exactly the intention when I started this to limit the knowledge to only the people for look at these forums :p besides my site needs some filler
[uSa]Skippy
Public

Postby Galileo » July 22nd, 2011, 4:25 am

Moved to public view-
Galileo
Site Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo
Status Update: Lost in Retrospection