Welcome to (ODC) OldDudes/OldDames Clan. Click here to register

Hi Everyone

When you can't decide where to post, do it here.

Moderators: timrit_jr, Galileo, Sargon

Hi Everyone

Postby Weege » February 15th, 2013, 8:45 pm

I haven't been on the site in a few years. Life can be a bitch sometimes, I went through a divorce, new job, blah blah blah...

Anyway, I'm back and will be on from time to time. I hope this message finds you all well and maybe we'll meet on the servers sometime...
Now I have a machine gun. [smilie=rifle.gif]

HO - HO - HO
Weege
Clan Member

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Weege » February 15th, 2013, 9:31 pm

BTW, when I click on the JOIN tab on the server I'm trying to play from this website, I get this message:

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (ut2004) isn't associated with any program.

What am I doing wrong?

I've been trying to join the ODC servers from within the game, but I keep getting forcibly removed (and I didn't even say anything :D )

Can anyone help?
Now I have a machine gun. [smilie=rifle.gif]

HO - HO - HO
Weege
Clan Member

Postby Galileo » February 16th, 2013, 10:24 am

We are working on the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.
Galileo
Site Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo

National Flag:
United States of America
Status Update: Lost in Retrospection

Postby Galileo » February 16th, 2013, 10:44 am

Not being able to join servers through the ut2004:// links appears to be an issue with the game installation. Try patching the game again to version 3369 or perform a clean installation of the game.
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Galileo » February 16th, 2013, 10:46 am

Patches can be obtained from our website at the following location-

http://www.odclan.net/ut2004/index.php? ... s/Windows/
Galileo
Site Admin

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby melissa_jo » February 22nd, 2013, 5:34 am

Weege wrote:Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (ut2004) isn't associated with any program.

Howto create a handler in Firefox:

In a new browser tab, type "about:config" (no quotes) into the addressbar (and press enter).
(Optionally) while viewing the about:config content, you might type into the Search bar "protocol-handler"...
...so that you can see what handlers are already present.

Right-click anywhere on the white background of the about:config window to raise a context menu.
Choose NEW } STRING
a dialog box will popup
Type "network.protocol-handler.app.ut2004" (no quotes) into the dialog and click OK.

A second dialog box will popup, into which you'll type (er, paste) the path to wherever UT2004.exe resides on your hard drive.
After creating this new handler, you can close the about:config tab.
Your browser should now immediately be able to open "Join!" links (UT2004:// protocol links)

(Possibly, one time) the first time you now click a Join link, FF may pop a dialog box stating
"choose an application to open this" and you'll be able to browse to find UT2004.exe
(idunno why FF sometimes cannot use a manually copy/pasted path, but... whatever)

I can't coach ya on system-wide repair b/c the specifics depend on your operating system.
A web search for "repair windoze OpenWith associations" should put you on the right track, though.

For mapfiles on our local drive, while browsing your ~Maps folder, you should be able to right-click a mapfile and choose OpenWith from the context menu (and there might be a checkbox "always use this to open this type of file" that you can tick, so windows will always launch the game when you double click a mapfile displayed in WindowsExplorer)
melissa_jo
Public

Return to Round File