Welcome to (ODC) OldDudes/OldDames Clan. Click here to register

bugs/glitches (2017) what the hell happened?

Announcements from the clan and community

Moderators: timrit_jr, Galileo, Sargon

bugs/glitches (2017) what the hell happened?

Postby -AsD- » September 16th, 2017, 5:43 pm

hi! i found a tonn of glitch! Something happened whit server, first, skaarj and luciban guns weak as hell.. what happened? a simple experience gun have more dmg/sec than skarj or lucibane! if i play alone, or no low level player in the team, i or the team cant kill even lvl 6 lucifer bosses.. and if a venom spawn an egg, and im starting to kill the mini and middle spiders,(min 100-300 killed) the server is going to crash on the next wave when i change gun(its not depend on gun type, only depend on the change)
other thing, if i kill myself with a 1337 gun, game crashes... if mecha kill me face to face, game crashes and server crashes too! i didnt checked all monsters, so there are more monsters whit this ability: "if a monster kill a person than the game is going to crash and the server too!"
enginier class is broken, i cant spawn anything without "translocator" but i have one, i only can spawn something if i get a translocator at "eat this monsters" map, so only 1 map is playable... playeble hmm its not the truth... sentinels became weak as hell! they have no dmg.. but when i played 1 year ago they had insane dmg/sec! it looks like if i play alone or no low level player play on server my sentinels has no dmg/sec and dies instantly by one or to hit! a simple jelly fish can kill a sentinel under 2 sec, and 3 ball turett sentinel can kill a jelly fish after they hit that jelly fish 100 times and this is wave 1! higher waves are worse!
other broken thing: defsent dont give armor, health, adrenalin, etc! they dont give nothing! how should i survive wave 17 if fire nails together have total 5k dmg/sec at hiding place? inpossible to heal myself! only chance if i beg a 1337 gun, and i make it to healer gun, it can heal me 10k hp/sec..
at medic class, monsters dont do anything!
realy!!! what the hell happened?
guns are going to run out at store, only 27 torch left... thats sad... can somebody refill?
my new characer is Chips2.0, i found these glitches whit that character!
Somebody plz fix them!

update: server is down... something glitch killed it...
-AsD-
Public

Re: bugs/glitches (2017) what the hell happened?

Postby Galileo » September 17th, 2017, 9:30 am

-AsD- wrote:hi! i found a tonn of glitch! Something happened whit server, first, skaarj and luciban guns weak as hell.. what happened? a simple experience gun have more dmg/sec than skarj or lucibane! if i play alone, or no low level player in the team, i or the team cant kill even lvl 6 lucifer bosses.. and if a venom spawn an egg, and im starting to kill the mini and middle spiders,(min 100-300 killed) the server is going to crash on the next wave when i change gun(its not depend on gun type, only depend on the change)
other thing, if i kill myself with a 1337 gun, game crashes... if mecha kill me face to face, game crashes and server crashes too! i didnt checked all monsters, so there are more monsters whit this ability: "if a monster kill a person than the game is going to crash and the server too!"
enginier class is broken, i cant spawn anything without "translocator" but i have one, i only can spawn something if i get a translocator at "eat this monsters" map, so only 1 map is playable... playeble hmm its not the truth... sentinels became weak as hell! they have no dmg.. but when i played 1 year ago they had insane dmg/sec! it looks like if i play alone or no low level player play on server my sentinels has no dmg/sec and dies instantly by one or to hit! a simple jelly fish can kill a sentinel under 2 sec, and 3 ball turett sentinel can kill a jelly fish after they hit that jelly fish 100 times and this is wave 1! higher waves are worse!
other broken thing: defsent dont give armor, health, adrenalin, etc! they dont give nothing! how should i survive wave 17 if fire nails together have total 5k dmg/sec at hiding place? inpossible to heal myself! only chance if i beg a 1337 gun, and i make it to healer gun, it can heal me 10k hp/sec..
at medic class, monsters dont do anything!
realy!!! what the hell happened?
guns are going to run out at store, only 27 torch left... thats sad... can somebody refill?
my new characer is Chips2.0, i found these glitches whit that character!
Somebody plz fix them!

update: server is down... something glitch killed it...

I will look at it but the source code has been lost so I am not going to be able to make code changes to fix the problem. Maybe it is time to shut this server down. What are your thought?
Galileo
Site Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: (ODC)Galileo
Status Update: Lost in Retrospection

Postby -AsD- » September 17th, 2017, 10:16 am

Sad to hear the source code lost. This server was my favourite one. Before the server shuts down, can you give the server some torch and let me reach level 50k? i want to know and one time use the lvl 50k subclasses! i could reach level 6800 under 2 days with torch!
Another idea, i'm studying as a programmer, if you dont mind, i can take the server files and i can try to make new source code for server, i can operate this server too, my computer is strong enough which works 24/7. Better than lose this good server! What do you think?
-AsD-
Public

Postby -AsD- » September 19th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Galileo, I learnt a lot from server making and Can you upload the server's druid rpg system? maybe i can fix it.. i think something wrong in ini, or if not, i could get the druidrpg 226 class files and i can replace the sentinels files with these.. maybe 1 of the glitches will turn off

new thing, at minispider the instakilling of them does the server crashes! maybe those spiders are damaged... maybe a file replacement can resolve the problem or the ini file damaged
-AsD-
Public

Postby Humble_bob » November 6th, 2017, 8:25 pm

-ASD-,
We do not have the source code for any of the mutators we run save for maybe one or two. You have as much code as we do. In your system files you will find a file with a .u extension and that is the compiled code from the author which is usually stripped. Rebuilding source code to a prestripped state is very time consuming and repetitious, very much a guessing game with lots of trial and error really. Unreal system directory also contains the compiler for their code, the ucc.exe. Some text editors, Textpad for one, even has U Script highlighters which really help for writing game code. All the mutators we run you can go and download for yourself and play around with the .ini files that we have server side which is how changes are made to any mutator. Changing source code to alter gameplay after implementation doesn't happen 99% of the time. The code is built, stripped, and distributed. The class files will likely net you nothing but pages of stripped code but again, go online and download a decompiler and start hitting the .u extension files for an inside look. The source code for the core game is readily available but protected by laws, but user mods are not so generous and strip their code so that one person cannot stand on their shoulders and make one or two little changes and call it their own mod and distribute it anew.

Hope you got some good information from this person and it will help you in building your knowledge base for game programming in the future. I have tried to recall the tools I used long ago when coding here for ODC but my memory has failed me. I cannot even find my dang avatar picture to upload it again. Maybe someone here can remember the web pages (if they're still up) that the mod community used as its community wiki before wikis.

Again, hope some of this info you found helpful but sorry there is nothing we can give you to assist you. If you build a server and run the mutator locally your system will create all the .ini files and everything we have server side.

Good Luck friend. Enjoy,
Humble_Bob

I sure enjoyed many a evening and late night coding, mapping and working on this game. I hope you do as well.
Humble_bob
Clan Admin

UT3 Name: (ODC)Humble_Bob

National Flag:
United States of America
UT3 Name: (ODC)Humble_Bob

Postby melissa_jo » November 19th, 2017, 12:35 am

Druid's RPG mutator source is still available from
http://web.archive.org/web/201001110444 ... org/UTRPG/
and
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ut2004rpg

Here's a page (date 2012, but many of the pages linked to are still up) that links to many other mods / mutators:
https://yourunreal.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/ut2004/
melissa_jo
Public

Return to General Announcments